ZBrush 2022 FEATURES
Enhance your ZBrush experience with these additions:
Create embossed surfaces in stunning detail with the new Bas Relief features in ZBrush. Position your model as desired and project all visible meshed into the selected mesh.
Load any model and create a Bas Relief alpha from camera view to be used to create raised sections of detail that closely resemble the results of traditional relief sculpture.
The new Bevel Pro plugin allows you to create complex bevels for meshes at any resolution without low-poly modeling. Suitable for meshes of medium-to-high resolution, Bevel Pro allows you to use masking and PolyGroups to determine exactly which edges to bevel. Adjust and preview your results non-destructively, and even create your bevels as separate sections of geometry for use with Live Boolean.
Note: On Windows, Bevel Pro requires a video card supporting Vulkan 1.1 or above. On macOS it requires Metal, which is automatic with OSX 10.14 and later but may not be supported on machines running earlier operating systems. If your card does not meet this requirement, Bevel Pro will not work but the rest of the ZBrush 2022 feature set will still be available to you.
Brushes now support dual alphas and textures, allowing you to transition between the two based on the pen pressure of your stroke. Create striking blends of color and detail with this versatile new feature!
Brush Surface Noise with Local Projection
Apply any image, graphical noise or noise presets to a brush for local sculptural surface noise details. Use Brush Size or pen pressure sensitivity to adjust the noise scale on the fly. Local Projection will give a unique way to reapply any noise by position of the brush. This feature shines when creating environment pieces or applying skin details.
Instantly redistribute multiple SubTools, or the geometry within a single SubTool with a single button press. Similar to alignment features found in other programs, you can now align meshes to the left, right or center, and by the top or bottom edges.
KnifeCircle & KnifeSquare
The new Knife brushes now support the Circle and Rectangle stroke types. Cut through meshes cleanly with these tools where the resulting cut accurately reflects the stroke.
Enhanced Stroke Interpolation
The Stroke Interpolation feature can now use ZIntensity, Brush Size, RGB Intensity, and Front and Back Colors to transition between strokes with a set number of steps. Create dazzling blends and intricate patterns of color and detail between two strokes on the surface of your mesh.
- Stager now has a Copy/Paste option.
- Stager now has an Interpolate option.
- Edge Detect option added to Spotlight allows users to interactively highlight the edges of an image for various effects.
- Visibility Sets: Store up to 8 Sets of your SubTools in different visibility configurations.
- ScribeStandard and ScribeChisel brushes added. They both take advantage of the Curve Sub-Steps slider.
- Gizmo can apply soft deformation with its falloff adjusted by Focal Shift.
- FBX will now import images with camera angles. Ideal when using photogrammetry or image planes from other applications.
- Deformation actions from the Deformation menu can now affect multiple SubTools simultaneously with the Gizmo Multi-Select option.
- Dynamesh Resolution can now be sampled directly from a mesh on the canvas by dragging from its slider to target mesh polygons.
- Added a Mask By Depth function to mask the model based on each point’s distance from the camera.
- Added a Mask By Normals function that will mask polygons that do not directly face the camera.
ZBrush 2022 is a FREE UPGRADE for all registered ZBrush users.
Upgrading (Existing ZBrush Users)
Please see our Knowledgebase Article for detailed instructions on how to upgrade, based upon your license type and current version number.
Mac users please note: Before installing ZBrush 2022, make sure your operating system is 10.11 or newer.