New ZBook G8 mobile workstations deliver serious power for 3D design, video editing, and VR development
PALO ALTO, Calif., May 11, 2021 – Today HP Inc. introduced the latest HP ZBook Studio G8, ZBook Fury G8, and ZBook Power G8 built for professional creators and power users who need performance, reliability, expandability, and versatility to work fluidly and get the job done in any environment.
Today’s creators are focused on delivering breakthrough experiences and require powerful and flexible technology that enables them to stay productive and collaborative. As businesses have shifted from traditional offices by default to hybrid environments by design, technical and creative professionals need pro-grade performance on the go. With 32% of office employees expected to work from home for the foreseeable future,3 and 33% of IT decision-makers reporting that support for remote work is their #1 challenge,4 businesses must be prepared to support the future of work.
Remote collaboration is even more important in hybrid work environments and delivering personalized computing experiences and the right IT solutions is essential. HP ZCentral has been an integral part of keeping businesses up and running and keeping people productive during the pandemic. HP ZCentral makes it easy for creators to take advantage of remote access to workstation power with Emmy®-award winning ZCentral Remote Boost software. The real-time collaboration capability of this solution is a powerful tool that brings fast, responsive performance on demanding projects to artists, designers, and engineers – access the full resources, compute power, and infrastructure of the office or production studio while working from anywhere. ZCentral keeps data locked up and secure while still enabling a real-time local remote work experience. Users can now access the best-in-class performance of the new ZBook G8 lineup from anywhere while also having the ability to access workstations and workflows remotely. At the same time, the HP Security Suite keeps user data safe and secure, including the new HP Tamper Lock intrusion system that will let IT departments know if someone tries remove the cover of the PC.
“Professional creators and power users need a curated, personalized software and hardware experience that aligns to the different ways they work and collaborate,” said Jim Nottingham, general manager and global head, Advanced Compute and Solutions, HP Inc. “With the ZBook Studio being the most powerful workstation of its size, and the ZBook Fury offering full expandability in a portable design, HP is giving the professional community access to cutting-edge technology, unthrottled performance, and the versatility to make the next creative breakthrough a reality.”
“Intel heard and we listened, power users need desktop-class performance in mobile systems so they’re just as productive while working from home. With the new HP Zbook G8 lineup - HP is making that happen,” said Joakim Algstam, General Manager of premium and enthusiast notebook platforms, Client Computing Group at Intel. “We designed the 11th Gen Intel Core H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 mobile processors to deliver industry-leading, desktop-class performance in laptop form factors. It is exciting to collaborate with HP on the innovation in the ZBook G8 mobile workstations.” "For power-users, meeting modern demands for performance, mobility, and the option to scale are non-negotiable requirements," said Sandeep Gupte, senior director of Professional Visualization at NVIDIA. "The latest ZBook offerings powered by NVIDIA RTX laptop GPUs are perfectly designed to stay in lock-step with customers’ evolving needs.”
HP ZBook G8: Power and Performance to Free the Creative Mind
Z-book Studio G8
The HP ZBook Studio, the world’s most powerful mobile workstation of its size7 , allows users to create on-the-go unlike ever before. From keyboard to screen, every aspect of the ZBook Studio is designed to free the creative mind. Render or visualize in real time, collaborate remotely, and even game from anywhere. The latest ZBook Studio is purpose-built and engineered from the ground up to meet the demanding needs of the most creative applications and workflows and provide optimal experiences today and in the future.
- Design with accuracy. HP DreamColor displays8 with a 120Hz refresh rate provides certainty that your design is right the first time, with a billion on-screen colors,9 100% DCI-P3, and end-to-end color accuracy with PANTONE® validation.10
- Collaboration in any environment. Powered by HP Sound Calibration,11 users get crisp audio and automatic blocking of unwanted sounds, making the office anywhere you need to work.
- Powered for work and play. Customize workflows depending on the application and upgrade your gaming experience after work with a commercial-grade RGB keyboard in a creator PC with 16.8 million color customization options. Users can easily personalize the experience via OMEN Gaming Hub12 .
- Power-packed; performance without sacrifice. Engineered from the ground up with the power to free the creative mind, users can animate in seconds and render or visualize in real-time with up to NVIDIA RTX™ A5000 or GeForce RTX™ 3080 Laptop GPUs13 and 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 vPro® processors.14
Z-book Fury 15 G8
The HP ZBook Fury, the world’s most expandable 15” mobile workstation15 and world’s most customizable 17” mobile workstation,16 brings desktop-caliber performance packed in an incredibly sleek, slim design. Power users can now create, render, edit, and simulate with ease, or visualize complex datasets on the move.
- Designed for better mobility. Perform better and increase productivity on the go with HP Sound Calibration,17 TileTM device location,18 and optional HP Sure View Reflect privacy screen.19
- Transformative vision. Enjoy spectacular color and motion whether you’re editing video or enjoying incredible content with PANTONE® validation and a 120Hz refresh rate on the next-gen DreamColor display.
- Durability and future-proof expandability. Work confidently anywhere with an aluminum chassis design, MIL-STD durability,20 tool-free expandability, and an extensive selection of ports
- Unthrottled performance. Desktop power goes mobile with the power and performance to thrive on multi-app workflows with the latest 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i9 and Xeon® processors,21 up to 128GB 3200MHz system memory,22 NVIDIA RTXTM A5000 Laptop graphics,23 and Thunderbolt 4.24
The HP ZBook Power, HP’s most affordable mobile workstation,25 brings customers the option to upgrade to professional ZBook performance with enterprise-level, security, serviceability, and manageability. With the ZBook Power, a premium design is accessible with pro-grade components, including graphics certified for the leading software applications.
- Peace of mind wherever you go. Take care of your workforce and ensure their workflows are protected with extensive ISV certifications, the HP Security Suite, and Tile™ device location.26
- Durable with a premium touch. Move freely from room to room or the office with a stylish aluminum chassis and MIL-STD27 durability.
- Power through intensive workflows. Ability to accelerate performance is now within reach for more creators and power users with 11th Gen Intel® processors,28 up to 64GB 3200MHz system memory, NVIDIA RTXTM A2000 Laptop graphics,29 and PCIe G4.
- HP ZBook Studio G8 is expected to be available in select countries in July 2021.
- HP ZBook Fury G8 is expected to be available in select countries in July 2021.
- HP ZBook Power G8 is expected to be available in select countries in June 2021.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions, we engineer experiences that amaze. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
1When plugged in and in best performance mode.
2 Based on HP internal analysis.
3 HP WFH IT Support Research. Quantitative Findings, Brittany Nelson Dec 2020.
4 HP Proprietary Research, 2020. United States, United Kingdom, and Japan.
5 Applies to HP PCs, Workstations and Displays manufactured after January 2019. Based on most Gold and Silver EPEAT® registrations by meeting all required criteria and achieving 50-74% of the optional points for EPEAT® Silver and 75-100% of the optional points for EPEAT® Gold according to IEEE 1680.1-2018 EPEAT®. Status varies by country. Visit www.epeat.net for more information.
6 Based on HP consumer and commercial PCs and Displays shipped in 2019. 100% renewable electricity achieved by purchasing both Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) and International Renewable Energy Credits (I-RECs) as defined by EPEAT®.
7 Based on HP’s internal analysis of thermal design power per/cm³ based on competitor max graphics, max processor, and max power delivery from CPU and GPU on non-gaming mobile workstations with a minimum of three ISV certifications, configurable professional graphics, and a dedicated workstation brand as of April 2021.
8 DreamColor is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase.
9 8-bit+FRC = 10-bit (1 billion colors).
10 Pantone-validated evaluations are based on all 2161 colors of the Pantone Formula Guide Coated.
11 HP Sound Calibration is delivered automatically through Windows update or can be downloaded from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers when available. Requires Windows 10, analog headset, and setup.
12 No OMEN PC required for usage with accessories
13 Optional, configurable feature that must be configured at purchase
14 Optional, configurable feature that must be configured at purchase
15 Based on HP's internal analysis of mobile workstations with a minimum of three ISV certifications, configurable professional graphics, and a dedicated workstation brand as of April 2021. Smallest based on volume; lightest based on lowest weight configuration. 16 Based on HP's internal analysis of mobile workstations with a minimum of three ISV certifications, configurable professional graphics, and a dedicated workstation brand as of April 2021. Smallest based on volume.
17 HP Sound Calibration is delivered automatically through Windows update or can be downloaded from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers when available. Requires Windows 10, analog headset, and setup.
18 Some Tile features require optional subscription to Tile Premium. Tile ring feature not available on HP ZBook Fury G8 Tile application for Windows 10 available for download from the Windows Store. Mobile phone app available for download from App Store and Google Play. Requires iOS 11 and greater or Android 6.0 and greater see https://support.thetileapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/200424778 for more information. Tile will function as long as the PC has battery power.
19 HP Sure View Reflect integrated privacy screen is an optional feature that must be configured at purchase and is designed to function in landscape orientation.. Available only on the 15.6” model.