The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences today announced that 10 animated short films will advance in the voting process for the 88th Academy AwardsÂ®. Sixty pictures had originally qualified in the category.
Here is the list:
- Bear Story (Historia De Un Oso) Gabriel Osorio, director, and Pato
Escala, producer (Punkrobot Animation Studio)
- Carface (Autos Portraits) Claude Cloutier, director (National Film
Board of Canada)
- If I Was God... Cordell Barker, director (National Film Board of
- Love in the Time of March Madness Melissa Johnson and Robertino
Zambrano, directors (High Hip Productions and KAPWA Studioworks)
- My Home Phuong Mai Nguyen, director (Papy3D Productions)
- An Object at Rest Seth Boyden, director (California Institute of the
- Prologue Richard Williams, director, and Imogen Sutton, producer
- Sanjay's Super Team Sanjay Patel, director, and Nicole Grindle,
producer (Pixar Animation Studios)
- We Can't Live without Cosmos Konstantin Bronzit, director (Melnitsa
- World of Tomorrow Don Hertzfeldt, director (Bitter Films)
Members of the Short Films and Feature Animation Branch viewed all the eligible entries for the preliminary round of voting.
Short Films and Feature Animation Branch members will now select five nominees from among the 10 titles on the shortlist. Branch screenings will be held in Los Angeles, London, New York and San Francisco in December.
The 88th Academy Awards nominations will be announced live on Thursday, January 14, 2016, at 5:30 a.m. PT at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills.