Unity 5.4 is Now Available for FREE Download!
Staff Writer By: Unity blog
Thursday, July 28, 2016 11:12 pm
[Source: Unity blog]
The wait is over, and Unity 5.4 has been released! You can download it here.
As we announced in March, we've put extra resources into beta testing Unity 5.4 so we can deliver the highest level of quality and stability. We couldn't have done it without the help of our beta users: thank you for your feedback and bug reports! We'd like to show our appreciation and reward for your efforts.
As well as spending recent months polishing Unity 5.4, we've been hard at work improving Unity 5.3.x to make it a rock-solid platform for the projects you have in production.
Here's a quick overview of Unity 5.4:
- Graphics & rendering performance improvements:
- Better multithreaded rendering
- Fewer draw calls with GPU Instancing - available on Windows, OSX, Linux, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One
- Thanks to sizing controls, a new trigger module, and better lighting with Light Probe Proxy Volumes (LPPV) particles are now more customizable.
- In-engine support for motion vector rendering
- VR Improvements: more built-in multiplatform VR support and better performance
- IL2CPP for Android is now an officially supported platform (previously it was labelled 'experimental')
- The editor now supports Mac Retina displays (Windows HiDPI support is in the pipeline) and we've added a zoomable game view function (OSX & Windows)
- Cloud Build setup is now available from the within the editor.
- Performance Reporting is now fully integrated in the editor, 1-click activation without plugins or code
- A major Analytics feature update with Raw Data Export, Heatmaps, Livestream, and Ads data in the dashboard
- In-App Purchasing now supports the Amazon Appstore
- Web Player and PS3 Build target options have been removed along with iOS 6 support (we now support iOS 7.x and above)
For the full low down on Unity 5.4, check out the release notes.
Unity Technologies is revolutionizing the game industry with Unity, the breakthrough development platform for creating games and interactive 3D and 2D experiences like training simulations and medical and architectural visualizations, across mobile, desktop, web, console and other platforms.
Unity was created with the vision to democratize game development and level the playing field for developers across the globe. Through industry-disrupting pricing and business plans, incredible ease of porting to multiple platforms, a deep yet approachable project editor and our innovative game promotion, user retention and analytics services Unity makes making successful games far easier than ever before.