- Claim your home planet by finding an uninhabited base and creating your own, fully bespoke outpost.
- Construct your homestead for shelter, using modular structures and decorations, replicated from resources gathered while exploring
- Recruit alien lifeforms to help research new technology. Farming, engineer, weapons and science specialists are hirable from Space Stations
- Use Terminus Teleporters in Space Stations to teleport to and from your base at will
- Expand your base with storage containers to stockpile precious resources and rare products
- Find an even more beautiful location and you can simply dismantle your previous homestead to refund all of the spent resources
Players can now build essential equipment in the field on-planet
Place save points anywhere in the world, crucial for Survival mode
Automated Harvesters gather resources from mineral deposits in your absence
Waypoints can be placed and colour-coded to allow explorers to return to discoveries
Communications Terminals allow explorers to leave sub-space messages for others to find
Discover nearby mineral deposits, uninhabited bases or suit upgrades with the use of a Signal Scanner
The user interface has been improved to accommodate the stress of Survival Mode where a small inconvenience can be the difference between life and death.
The intelligent Quick Access Menu streamlines Inventory access.
Products can be stacked up to five times per inventory slot, resulting in increased starship, base container and freighter storage capacity
New arrow indicators have been added to emphasise shield and life support changes more clearly, to aid decision making
Scanned Primary resource elements have been given specific symbols to allow for easier differentiation
View your current objective at any time quickly by pressing left on the D-Pad, or H on your keyboard
The UI has been visually improved by removing colour tint and other artifacts
Early warning indicators have been added to starship cockpits to notify explorers of inbound Pirate activity
Red cockpit warnings indicate more clearly when Pulse Drive is unavailable
Get the full list of additions and improvements in No Man's Sky Foundation Update 1.1 at this link: