NVIDIA® Iray® for Cinema 4D is a plug-in for MAXON's Cinema 4D that delivers exceptional physically based rendering. The entire look-development process becomes extremely interactive and intuitive using the novel live rendering feature, which provides immediate visual feedback while lighting and designing the scene. You can continue to use the physically plausible material options of the Cinema 4D material nodes and shaders, and even add your own material designs and procedural functions using NVIDIA Material Definition Language (MDL). The full NVIDIA vMaterials library is supported, as well as material exchange capabilities with other MDL-compatible applications.
Visit the Iray for Cinema 4D webpage and join the Beta!
Some Features of Iray for Cinema 4D
- Physically based path-tracing rendering both for interactive and final frame
- Freedom to use all supported GPUs and CPUs in the machine, controlled by the user
- A unique Live Render window that provides accurate preview of final results while adjusting scenes
- Optional Iray Interactive ray tracing mode in the Live Render window that provides instant feedback on object transforms and lighting edits
- Sampling options for accurate caustics and complex lighting situations
- Accurate motion blur out-of-the-box
- Simultaneous output of additional render passes with low speed impact
- Custom Light Path Expressions for extreme flexibility in post
- Physical camera model with lens effects like Depth of Field
- Final color processing and tuning through advanced Tone Mapping
- Matte shadow and reflection support for compositing flexibility
- Ability to degrain post-processing filter to remove noise in final frames
Read the full list of Iray for Cinema features here.