The Windows Native C++ SDK will enable developers and creatives to build their own real-time, interactive applications. SDK users can allow live player-to-player chat in games, live interactive displays and activations, and even integrate the SDK into their own production tools and processes.
Faceware will be speaking about the capabilities of the SDK at SIGGRAPH 2017 (Booth 741) from Aug 1-3.
"With the rise in VR/AR/MR, interactive marketing, and the use of CG, we're seeing a growing number of inquiries from many different markets," said Peter Busch, vice president of business development at Faceware Technologies. "Rather than addressing each and every request, we've created a SDK to enable developers to develop the tools they need to meet their own needs. We've got some amazing use cases I can't wait to talk about."
Features of the new SDK include:
- Windows Native C++
- High-frame-rate tracking, with no visible latency
- Over 100 APIs developers can use to track and animate faces in real time
- Create facial animation in real time from a person's face on video
- Tracks 82 landmarks on the face and streams over 40 animation controls
- One second camera-to-face calibration
- SDK can track facial movement from a live camera feed, a video file (e.g .mov file), or an image sequence (e.g. .jpg)
- Works with almost any camera or webcam, including head-mounted cameras
- Easy to adjust camera settings for optimizing the user experience
- Tools to multiply and adjust animation output values to match your characters
- Simulate animation output for easy debugging and testing your character animation before use
"We're really excited to put our real-time, facial-tracking technology directly into the hands of developers," said Jay Grenier, director of software and technology at Faceware. "Faceware Live has or is being used for a number of real-time applications, such as Hasbro's live-streamed social media announcement for Monopoly and the recent Macinness-Scott installation at Sotheby's 'Art of VR' event in New York. And now, with Faceware LiveSDK, the community is about to get a fantastic new tool to develop their own amazing applications."
Faceware LiveSDK is will be available soon on a limited basis. Companies interested in using the SDK should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.