5 Things I've Learned About Marriage - So Far
Staff Writer By: Hope Kumor (hopeandlove)
Thursday, December 8, 2016 5:43 pm
Let's be honest: I really don't have too much say considering I've only been married a month, but regardless, I do know a thing or two about relationships.
I'm not stupid. I know what goes into a happy relationship. It takes time, effort and patience.
It's not always easy, but is it really as hard as people make it out to be? Maybe you stopped trying? Maybe you figured out you two were too different? Maybe you divorced because you didn't want to raise kids the same way?
Either way, it doesn't seem as difficult as people make it out to be.
Now, in some cases, it's necessary - like abusive relationships or you grew apart.
But, what about the people who just got married because they wanted to save money or because they simply wanted a green card?
In a marriage, it's not always that simple.
And, these are things I've learned so far.
- It takes dedication and you need to keep it alive. You mustn't let it die because if you do, your love dies too.
- It's all about compromise. You don't want to go to the hockey game, but you can see your hubby really wants to. What you do is compromise and another day you do what she wants to do.
- Give each other space. Your husband might have had a bad day and doesn't feel like talking. You must give him space so he can get over it. Trust me - it will be better for both of you.
- Keep the love alive. Write each other letters. Complement one another. Go out to dinner or a movie. Basically, have a date night every once in a while.
- Listen. Sometimes we don't want to listen because we don't care, but you should always listen to your significant other. Most times if your husband is blabbing away, he needs to vent.